Tuesday, February 1, 2011

W.o.w, love, and other stuff

It has been a long time since my last post. Lots of things have taken place. Got a job, lost a job, been happy, sad and every emotion in between. Out of all of these things, the most important and exciting event that took place is getting engaged to my love!! I'll be honest, things have not been the easiest for us after making the decision to move in together. I guess that is the price to pay when you take a chance on love, but I am okay with that. Throughout all of our hardships, we still have each other and have not driven each other crazy (yet!).  We decided to get engaged right around Christmas time. It was a mutual agreement, so there was no surprise propose, and we both picked the ring out at the store. This decision came at the perfect time. We are so happy and are looking forward to starting the wedding process. David is my best friend, and he has been for the past few years since we started dating. I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him and start a family with him.

                                                         the ring

I would like to share how David and I met. I love our "story." It is unique and somewhat unusual. We met on an online game called world of warcraft, or w.o.w. Wow is a game where you pick a character, level them up by doing quests/objectives, and can interact with other players too. My brother had got me into the game shortly after I graduated college in 2007. David started playing around this time as well. For the most part, I just played the game when I was bored and kept to myself.

The first meeting in Nashville

I didn't really talk to other people too much. One day though, I was doing a quest that was pretty hard for one person to do on their own and there just happened to be other people there that were working on the same quest as me. In the game, you have the option of grouping up with other people to help one another out, and David just so happened to be one of those people in the group. He was pretty talkative I thought, seeing as how he didn't know anyone in the group. I talked to him in the group and we even sent each other a few personal messages that only the two of us could see. He was nice though and thanked everyone for their help after we were done with the quest. After that, David and I ended up doing more and more quests together.

During David's visit to NC

At first, it was just grouping up to make the game a little easier and more enjoyable, but the more we talked, the more we liked hanging out with each other. After a year or so of playing the game, we realized we were only getting on to talk to each other and didn't even bother playing at all sometimes. This was when we decided to take it out of the game.Texts led to phone calls, which led to Skype, which led to us deciding to meet face to face. It wasn't love at first sight either. He was nervous, I was nervous, and it was all sorts of weird and uncomfortable at first. But it worked out and before long there were talks of moving to be closer to each other. He lived in Illinois and I in North Carolina.

At the top of the Arch


It was a big step to think about, but I felt I had to take a chance on love. He has a son that lives here and didn't want to move that far away from him, so I moved in with David in the summer of 2009. It hasn't been easy to move away from my parents, friends, my job, and everything else I'm comfortable with, and some people might (and do) tell me that I have a screw loose, but I feel it was worth it. I can't wait to marry my best friend!


Thanks for reading! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.