Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Confessions of a bad cook

My name is Amy and I'm a horrible cook. I feel bad for my fiance, I really do. I don't know what happened during my youth that made me not interested in cooking with my mom, but I never really got into it. I would help her stir or add ingredients... the small stuff, but nothing major. So now, I'm cooking illiterate. I can do the basics, but barely. 

David and I recently bought a crock pot, but we didn't have any recipes. He has been itching to make a beef stew and we bought a crock pot recipe book that he like. Last night I cut up all the veggies to make it easier to make this morning.  It didn't taste too bad, but I wasn't really impressed with it either. It had potatoes, carrots, baby sweet peas, onions, and some other spices and stuff. The thing that turned me off most was actually the meat. I don't know what it was about it, but it kinda had a bad flavor to it, if at all. David liked it, so I guess that's the most important thing. He even went back for seconds. 

I wish I was a good cook, or at least a semi decent cook. I told David he could fix the next crock pot meal, but I actually enjoyed cutting the veggies and getting everything ready. I just wish it tasted as good as the effort put into it. On to the next dish. Oh well...at least I'm good at quesadillas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.